menu

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hope is a blindfold, hope is a solace



Well, in good news: I've been working a temp job for these past few days. It's the same job I was working about two weeks ago; they called this week and wanted us to come back for a week or two. It's good timing, because I really need the money. However, it also comes just as I'm sitting on over 500 pictures I need to sift through and edit from our trip to Petoskey. Yikes! So, things have been kind of slow on that front. Most of the pictures are for Somewhere in Time (for any new readers out there, that is the vintage bridal business my mom is trying to get started - check it out!) but I also have some pictures for Owl Eyes that I simply can't wait to share.

Anyway, I got to work today and was there for only half an hour before they sent us all home because they didn't have any work for us today. I could have used the money, but I'm not complaining! This gives me the chance to catch up a little...





dress & hat: vintage | shoes: ...I honestly don't remember, I've had them for ages!

So, since I have a little bit of time, I thought I'd share a few photos from our Petoskey trip. If you've never been, I highly recommend it! It's touristy, but not in that annoying way. It's picturesque, but again, not cheesily so. There were four of us on the trip - my mom, Esther, my sister Vera, and me. It was about a three hour drive from Grand Rapids, and the drive was ridiculously gorgeous. It rained for a little bit, but as we got further north, the sun broke through and reflected off the rain, and everything came alive. When we arrived, there was mist over the water - like something out of a dream. I feel like I'm doing it a disservice by this cheesy description, but trust me, it was so, so lovely. I'm fairly certain I kept babbling about how beautiful everything was for the entire evening!










After a brief photoshoot of some Owl Eyes dresses and a few wedding dresses, we headed into town to grab a bite to eat (hungry models = not a good thing; we were starting to get grumpy, haha!). We had to drive around for a little while before we finally found the City Park Grill. From the name, I wasn't expecting much, but it was so gorgeous inside - honestly, it was my every decorating dream. Apparently, Ernest Hemingway used to eat there regularly, and was inspired to write his short story "Killers" there. Now, I've always been much more of a Fitzgerald girl, but that gave me chills.

Of course, it wasn't all literary seriousness:



All in all, a perfect evening. I'll have many more photos to share once I get them edited!

7 comments:

Molly said...

it's so hard to pick one thing to talk about in this post! So many wonderful things going on. I have to say my favourite it the purple hate, though. Lovely blog! The layout is stellar. Followin' for sure :D

Jenni said...

I love the vintage dress with the purple hat! It's perfect!

Lara said...

I love the dress you are wearing! It has such a beautiful print!

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

that purple hat is so amazing. as is the vintage dress.

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

These photos are SO gorgeous! You are both so beautiful. xo

Kristin said...

These photos are incredible! I love the color. I totally know what you mean in regards to working vs. not working and getting caught up on things! I get paid per patient that I see, and sometimes get excited when they cancel (no money, but I get to cross a few things off my to-do list!

Anonymous said...

wow, I actually love that hat lamp/light thingy :) great blog

xx