menu

Friday, May 13, 2011

I'll try anything once



The other day, I was feeling really down. Mostly, I was feeling incredibly discouraged because my job search had so far led to nothing. I had had an interview the week before, but I still hadn't heard back, so I figured the position had gone to someone else. I was kicking myself, thinking about how I really should have started my search before I graduated...



But, as it turns out, I needn't have worried. Yesterday, I found out that I got the job! I am so excited, I can't even begin to tell you. It's a small homeopathic medicine company, and I'll be doing mostly editing and proofreading for them, but also some writing. It's full-time, so I'll be pretty busy, but it's so worth it. I don't have much debt from college, but still, it'll be nice to have that off my shoulders! I can also finish paying off my trip to Romania, and maybe start saving to go back...I hope, I hope. But one of the things I'm most excited about is that now I can afford to buy Andrew Bird tickets! At least I have my priorities straight, eh? Ha.

In all seriousness, I still can't believe I've graduated and am now about to join the working world. When I got the phone call, I was just dumbstruck. I know it's silly, but I couldn't help but think that they made a mistake - that any minute they would realize "Wait a minute, we can't hire her - she's still a kid!" I don't feel like an adult, yet. Not entirely. And yet, here I am.

As I write this, I can hear the sound of the rain and the fading rumble of thunder. I know that tonight, I get to see my love. And I can't help but think, things couldn't be better.







dress: vintage, in the shop | belt: vintage | sunglasses: the Icing | shoes: from some shop in Bucharest I can't remember!

(p.s. - Blogger apparently thought that it would be a great idea to delete some of the comments on the last post. I think it was a terrible idea, but Blogger reigns supreme, unfortunately!)

3 comments:

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

I absolutely adore the way you have styled your hair! <3 And the dress looks wonderful on you!
x

www.lostinthehaze.com

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

That is so amazing... congrats on landing the job!!! I'm so excited for you!

and you look amazing, of course! ;)

C.M. Georgette said...

I love this blog! You remind of my sister and me, we are always trying to find vintage cloths and unique ways to wear them. Congrats on the job! That sounds so fun!