menu

Friday, February 12, 2010

One of these things is not like the other


This is just a quick little post to show off the treasures I discovered at the antique mall last Saturday!





1940's dress - modeled by Esther

Doesn't Esther look lovely? I fell in love with this dress the first time I saw it at the antique mall a month ago. I couldn't get it out of my head, so I decided to go back and buy it! It's going to be part of my mom's vintage wedding dress business, which is slowly but surely coming together. We just got a spot at the bridal show at DeVos next month, so I'm going to be crazy busy getting everything together for that.

The clutch is going to be going up in our store as soon as we get it set up!




cardigan: H&M | dress: ModCloth | boots: vintage, 1960's

Believe it or not, I wasn't cold at all! Granted, I didn't keep this outfit on for long - just for pictures - but really, I didn't even shiver.

I thought the array of things I bought was kind of hilarious. Vintage beaded dress, 1960's go-go boots - but then, the little beaded purse kind of pulls it all together, in a weird way.

Look for the boots in our store as soon as we get it set up! My goal is to have it up and running within the next month or so.

Be well,

Laura & Esther

2 comments:

aurora. said...

i really love the vintage white dress!
its lushh
i have always wished i could actually find good stuff in a charity/thrift store, but i never can :L

i like the whole idea of setting up your own boutique its a cool idea

awesome blog :)

http://vintageaurora.blogspot.com/

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

Ugh, I'm loving this blog! The first vintage white dress is gorgeous..

and the second photo on Laura is darling! I love the mix of florals and stripes.. and those boots. Whoaa hot! :)